*The time it will take to e-mail 15 people
In 2011, individual participants and teams raised $743,000 - more than registration fees and sponsorships combined!
The Komen Chicagoland Race for the Cure keeps up to 75% of the net funds raised provide education, screening and treatment. Grants to underserved communities throughout Chicagoland. The remaining 25% goes to the Komen Global Research Grant Program. If you have a desire to eliminate breast cancer, you have what it takes to be a fundraiser in the Komen Race for the Cure. It’s very simple:
• Build your personal page in your participant center.
• Set your personal goal. We suggest $150, which is the average cost of (1) mammogram in our service area.
• It only takes asking 15 people to donate $10.
• Visit our website for ideas and race-related events.
• Watch your email and our website for new tools and resources to help you succeed.
• Earn fundraising rewards through our Summit Rewards Program.
We will be bringing exciting tools to help you tap into your online communities, and even help the shyest registrants make an impact on breast cancer. Visit our site often to stay on top of the latest news!