Join our 2014 Lombard Race for the Cure
Join our dedicated volunteers plan Komen Chicago's biggest event of the year! Volunteer positions vary in type and time commitment, so there is something for everyone!
To Learn More About Joining Our Committee:
- Check out our 2014 Race for the Cure Committee Information Packet to learn about our different committees, meeting schedule and volunteer positions.
- Our committees include: Marketing/PR, Corporate Sponsorship, Teams, Individual Fundraising, Survivors, Education/Mission, Operations, Volunteers and Registration.
Apply to Join the 2014 Lombard Race Committee
- First step to joining our committee is to complete our online volunteer application. (Takes about 10 minutes.)
After you have finished the application, complete the 2014 RFTC Self Nomination Form.
- All volunteers need to complete Komen 101 - Volunteer Orientation prior to joining a committee.
- The upcoming Komen 101 - Volunteer Orientation sessions:
Wednesday, July 30th - 6:30 - 8:00 pm
Lombard Village Hall, Community Room (255 E. Wilson Ave., Lombard)
Saturday, August 9th - 10:00 - 11:30 am
Komen Chicago's Office (8765 W. Higgins Road, Suite 401, Chicago)
2014 Lombard Race Committee - Application Deadline Schedule
- Sunday, July 27 - Nomination Forms Due
- Thursday, July 31 - Notifications made for selections
- After July 27 - Rolling Nominations & Selections
- Interested volunteers may submit nomination forms for all open positions. Selections will be made on an as needed and rolling basis.
2014 Lombard Race Committee Meeting Dates
Race for the Cure planning meetings will be held at the Komen Chicago office at 8765 W. Higgins Road (6th floor cafeteria), Chicago, IL. All meetings are held from 6:30-8:30pm.
- Tuesday, July 7th (Current Committee Members Only)
- Tuesday, August 5th
- Tuesday, September 9th