LOMBARD RACE FOR THE CURE
VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
We need volunteers to help make this year's Race a success! Volunteer opportunities range from course marshalls to registration to photographers and much more!
Before you sign-up, please read the following:
- CURRENT & RETURNING VOLUNTEERS = If you are a current Komen Chicago volunteer or volunteered at the Race last year, log-in to www.myvolunteerpage.com and go to the "Sign-Up" tab and select from the different opportunities. (If you do not remember your log-in or password, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (773) 444-0061 x.111)
- NEW VOLUNTEERS = If you are new volunteer, please complete our short online volunteer application. Once you complete the application, you will be directed to your personalized volunteer page. From there, go to the "Sign-up" tab and select the job you would like to help at.
- Only sign-up for one activity.
- You can not be a race participant and volunteer.
- Some volunteer positions require a phone interview and/or a background check prior to being selected for the position. If you sign-up for one of these positions, you will be contacted by a Komen staff for a phone interview. Then you will need to be notified if you have been selected or not.
- Youth Volunteers = All volunteers under the age of 18, must have their parent sign the volunteer waiver and bring it with them on race day when they check-in. Volunteers between the age of 14-15 must volunteer with an adult/guardian.
- GROUP VOLUNTEERS = If you have a group of volunteers interested in helping, please email email@example.com as soon as possible, so we can reserve your spots.
Join our 2014 Lombard Race for the Cure
Join our dedicated volunteers plan Komen Chicago's biggest event of the year! Volunteer positions vary in type and time commitment, so there is something for everyone!
To Learn More About Joining Our Committee:
- Check out our 2014 Race for the Cure Committee Information Packet to learn about our different committees, meeting schedule and volunteer positions.
- Our committees include: Marketing/PR, Corporate Sponsorship, Teams, Individual Fundraising, Survivors, Education/Mission, Operations, Volunteers and Registration.
Apply to Join the 2014 Lombard Race Committee
- First step to joining our committee is to complete our online volunteer application. (Takes about 10 minutes.)
- After you have finished the application, complete the 2014 RFTC Self Nomination Form.
2014 Lombard Race Committee - Application Deadline Schedule
- Sunday, July 27 - Nomination Forms Due
- Thursday, July 31 - Notifications made for selections
- After July 27 - Rolling Nominations & Selections
- Interested volunteers may submit nomination forms for all open positions. Selections will be made on an as needed and rolling basis.
2014 Lombard Race Committee Meeting Dates
Race for the Cure planning meetings will be held at the Komen Chicago office at 8765 W. Higgins Road (6th floor cafeteria), Chicago, IL. All meetings are held from 6:30-8:30pm.
- Tuesday, July 7th (Current Committee Members Only)
- Tuesday, August 5th
- Tuesday, September 9th